Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Biotechnology Graduate Engineer (UAS) Biotechnology
- Apprenticeship as pharmaceutical technical assistant (PTA) in Passau
- Biotechnology studies at the an der University of Applied Sciences Weihenstephan in Freising (Bavaria, 'Germany)
- Internship from 16.03.98 to 15.06.98 at the Chair of Biological Chemistry of the Technische Universität München: "Electrochemical switching of a catalytical surface exemplified by immobilized model enzyme phosphoribulokinase."
- Practical term at the Chair of Biopolymeres at the University of Bayreuth: "Expression and purification of the proteins eCyclinT1-272D and EIAV-Tat."
- Diploma thesis at Roche Diagnostics GmbH in Penzberg on the topic: "Development und characterization of murine monoclonal antibodies against advanced-glycation-endproduct Nε-(Carboxymethyl)-lysin and test for detergent stability for utilization in the assay development."
- graduation as Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Biotechnologie
- 03/2001 - 12/2001 as Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Biotechnologie in antibody development group at Roche Diagnostics GmbH in Penzberg
- Since 01/2002 as Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Biotechnologie at the Chair of Biopolymere Chemistry of the Technische Universität München in Freising/Weihenstephan
- Mass spectrometry (ESI-MS, ETD-MS/MS): investigation of structural flexibility of transmembrane helices by H/D exchange mass spectrometry (HDX MS), with and without ETD and CID fragmentation techniques, ion mobility mass spectrometry, identification of proteins with peptide mass fingerprint and de novo sequencing, MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry,
- Molecular biology and biochemistry: CD- and fluorescence spectroscopy, biochemical assays, liposome fusion assays with FRET, tutor in student practical courses
- Tutor in student practical courses (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology / Membranes and Membrane Proteins / Protein Technology)
- Webmaster, assistant system administrator
Publications (as first author):
Yucel, S.S., Stelzer, W., Lorenzoni, A., Wozny, M., Langosch, D., Lemberg, M. (2018):"Metastable XBP1u transmembrane domain mediates insertion into the ER membrane and intramembrane proteolysis by the signal peptide peptidase." bioRxiv/2018/322107, doi: doi.org/10.1101/322107
Stelzer, W., Scharnagl, C., Leurs, U., Rand, K.D., Langosch, D. (2016): "The Impact of the ‘Austrian’ Mutation of the Amyloid Precursor Protein Transmembrane Helix is Communicated to the Hinge Region" ChemistrySelect, 1: 4403-4407. DOI: 10.1002/slct.201601090 (submitted PDF version, Supporting Information)
Stelzer, W., Langosch, D. (2012): "Sequence-specific backbone dynamics of a viral fusogen transmembrane helix."Prot. Sci., 21(7): 1097-1102.
Stelzer, W., Poschner, B., Stalz, H., Heck, A., Langosch, D. (2008): "Sequence-specific conformational flexibility of SNARE transmembrane helices probed by hydrogen/deuterium exchange."Biophys. J., 95: 1326-1335.
- 18th Sanibel Conference on Mass Spectrometry, Florida, Jan. 2006: ASMS_Poster.pdf
- International Symposium 2017 by the DFG-research Unit 2290, Understanding Intramembrane Proteolysis, 4-6 October, Regensburg, Germany